Please be advised that the RHIA examination will be releasing a new version of the certification exam consisting of new exam items aligned to the new exam content outline. The new RHIA exam is the result of a recent job analysis. The new content outline can be found on the RHIA certification page.
The new exam will be released on 01/01/2021. Please be advised all exams scheduled on or after 01/01/2021 will be based on the new exam content outline.
- Pearson VUE test centers are now open for AHIMA certifications. Schedule your exam today.
- For updated information on Pearson Vue and COVID-19 related questions, visit the Pearson Vue website.
- If your exam date has been cancelled, you can reschedule through the Pearson VUE website without assistance. Please select a date as soon as you are able and willing.
- If you have not registered to sit for an exam, we suggest you schedule as soon as you are able and willing.
- We strongly suggest that you do not cancel but reschedule your exam appointment. If you choose to cancel, you will need to follow AHIMA’s cancellation process. If you decide to take the exam in the future, you will have to start the application process over again. This may cause your examination appointment date to be delayed by an extended period of time due to high demands.
- AHIMA International testing has removed the testing windows as of May 1, 2020. You can now test anytime at any open Pearson VUE test center. All candidates will follow the same Candidate Guide. This include all policies and procedures.
The Pearson VUE helplines are overwhelmed with long wait times. If you can apply one of the steps above to address your concerns, please do. If you need assistance, contact AHIMA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please expect a slight delay in response due to high volume. We will process requests in the order they were received.
Our continued thoughts are with the people and communities affected by COVID-19. Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we adapt to the demands of this evolving situation.
To accommodate those taking coding exams, AHIMA is extending the 2019 CCA®, CCS®, and CCS-P® exam test dates until August 15, 2020.
AHIMA will also be releasing the 2020 CCA, CCS, and CCS-P exams on July 1, 2020. This will allow those that purchased the 2019 code books to test on the 2019 exams, and those that purchased the 2020 books to test on the 2020 exams.
Important Information for Test Takers:
- You must select the correct exam to match your code books.
- If you select the 2019 exam and show up to the test center with the 2020 books, you will not be allowed to test and will forfeit your exam fee.
- If you select the 2020 exam and show up to the test center with the 2019 books, you will not be allowed to test and will forfeit your exam fee.
- Each exam is different and aligns to the correct year code books.
- 2020 CCS and CCS-P exams are aligned to the 2020 exam content outline (announced on January 22, 2020).
- The name of the exam will include the year of the code books used. For example:
- 2019 Code Books Certified Coding Associate (CCA) Exam
- 2020 Code Books Certified Coding Associate (CCA) Exam
- The 2019 exams will not be available after August 15, 2020 for any reason.
- It is your responsibility to register for the correct exam. If you are confused or have questions, please contact email@example.com before selecting an exam.
- The 2020 CCS and CCS-P exams will be launching as beta exams.
AHIMA, together with the Commission on Certification (CCHIIM), is pleased to share it will discontinue the mandatory annual self-review requirement for CCA®, CCS®, and CCS-P®. This change will go into effect on January 1, 2021. After January 1, 2021, all CCS, CCS-P and CCA credential holders will no longer need to complete an annual self-review. They should still continue to follow the rest of the recertification process.
During the transition time between now and December 31, 2020:
- If your recertification cycle ends prior to December 31, 2020, you must still complete your 2019 and 2020 self-reviews.
- Currently, the 2020 self-reviews are available for free and will remain free until December 31, 2020. The 2020 self-reviews will be available for purchase for $15 between January 1-March 31, 2021. After March 31, 2021, the fee will increase substantially from $15.
- Similarly, the 2019 self-review fee will substantially increase from $15 after December 31, 2020. If you still need to complete the 2019 self-review, please do so at your earliest convenience.
- We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the self-reviews prior to January 1, 2021.
The recertification process is designed to further the education and growth of our certified professionals. If you hold a single certification (either CCA, CCS, or CCS-P), you will still need to earn 20 CEUs per recertification cycle.
If you have questions, please contact our certification department at firstname.lastname@example.org.