Important Test Delivery Information Pertaining to COVID-19
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to spread globally, our highest priority is your health and welfare. AHIMA is taking the following proactive measures, and we will continue to keep you updated as changes arise.
CODING EXAM CHANGES
To accommodate those taking coding exams, AHIMA is extending the 2019 CCA, CCS, and CCS-P exam test dates until August 15, 2020.
AHIMA will also be releasing the 2020 CCA, CCS, and CCS-P exams on July 1, 2020. You can preregister now to take the 2020 CCA, CCS, and CCS-P exams on or after July 1.
This will allow those that purchased the 2019 code books to test on the 2019 exams, and those that purchased the 2020 books to test on the 2020 exams.
Need to know:
- You must select the correct exam to match your code books.
- If you select the 2019 exam and show up to the test center with the 2020 books, you will not be allowed to test and will forfeit your exam fee.
- If you select the 2020 exam and show up to the test center with the 2019 books, you will not be allowed to test and will forfeit your exam fee.
- Each exam is different and aligns to the correct year code books.
- 2020 CCS and CCS-P exams are aligned to the 2020 exam content outline (announced on January 22, 2020).
- The name of the exam will include the year of the code books used. For example:
- 2019 Code Books Certified Coding Associate (CCA) Exam
- 2020 Code Books Certified Coding Associate (CCA) Exam
- The 2019 exams will not be available after August 15, 2020 for any reason.
- It is your responsibility to register for the correct exam. If you are confused or have questions, please contact email@example.com before selecting an exam.
- The 2020 CCS and CCS-P exams will be launching as beta exams.
EXAM UPDATE AS OF 6/9/2020:
- Pearson Vue test centers are now open for AHIMA certifications. Schedule your exam today.
- If your exam date has been cancelled, you can reschedule from the Pearson Vue website without assistance. Please select a date as soon as you are able and willing.
- If you have not registered to sit for an exam, we suggest you schedule as soon as you are able and willing.
- We strongly suggest that you do not cancel but reschedule your exam appointment. If you choose to cancel, you will need to follow AHIMA’s cancellation process. If you decide to take the exam in the future, you will have to start the application process over again. This may cause your examination appointment date to be delayed by an extended period of time due to high demands.
- AHIMA International testing has removed the testing windows as of May 1, 2020. You can now test anytime at any open Pearson Vue test center. All candidates will follow the same Candidate Guide. This include all policies and procedures.
The Pearson Vue helplines are overwhelmed with long wait times. If you can apply one of the steps above to address your concerns, please do. If you need assistance, contact AHIMA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please expect a slight delay in response due to high volume. We will process requests in the order they were received.
Our continued thoughts are with the people and communities affected by COVID-19. Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we adapt to the demands of this evolving situation.