AHIMA Healthcare Technology Specialist Certificate
AHIMA’s HT Specialist Certificate is designed to represent skills and knowledge valued in the healthcare industry. Individuals holding this certificate have gained those skills and knowledge through experience or by completing training in content areas including:
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Quality and Risk Management
- User Support
- Healthcare Technology
- Workflow and Data Management
- Common Employability Skills
- Technical Role Specialty Content
AHIMA’s Curriculum Competencies are available to all academic and training organizations who wish to use them for training individuals on relevant content determined based on a structured Job Analysis1
Represented by a digital badge, this certificate is ideal for candidates desiring to demonstrate their competency for entry level IT roles in healthcare organizations of all types.
Eligibility Training and Experience Recommendations
- Individuals that have completed a training program using AHIMA’s curriculum competencies for Healthcare Technology Specialist certificate2 , OR
- Individuals trained through short-duration (typically six months) non-degree training programs including content relevant to entry level user support healthcare technology positions, OR
- Members of the workforce with 6 months or more of relevant Health IT experience
1&2These curriculum competencies were funded in part by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The competencies were created by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) for the grantee, Lord Fairfax Community College and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes not guarantees, warrantees, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.