Virtual Lab Tech Requirements
Virtual Lab system requirements for individual users’ PCs (subject to change). All of the Virtual Lap Applications are hosted and maintained by the Virtual Lab and/or its vendors.
- Broadband High Speed Internet Access: Cable or DSL
1Ghz Intel or AMD processor (minimum)
2GB of RAM (minimum)
The Lab is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. Otherwise you may experience clipping or pixilated content
Firewall (Connecting to the lab requires that you have port 443 open. Please see your network administrator for assistance)
Additional help info:
- Virtual Lab Hatsize System Check
- Forgot your Virtual Lab Username or Password?
- If your program plans to use transcription, dictation, natural language processing, and electronic signature applications, additional requirements are needed:
- A built-in soundcard and a method of hearing the audio (Headphone jack and/or USB port for speakers and/or headphones)
- Note: most modern computers come with built-in soundcards already installed
- Additional software installation (CD or Internet download) onto each student computer for client-server transcriptionist, transcription administrator, and speech recognition applications. You need 350 MB of available disk space for the installation
- Additional applet installation (during initial login and/or system updates) for browser-based dictation, electronic signature, and natural language processing applications