AHIMA Virtual Lab Overview
VLAB 2.0 is coming soon! What can you expect:
For more information please call AHIMA at (312) 233-1580.
- Easier Registration
- Easier Use
- Single Sign On
- More Applications
- More Lessons
In 2006, AHIMA launched its Virtual Lab, an internet-based software lab designed for health information management (HIM) education. Featuring multiple software applications and corresponding lab lessons, the Virtual Lab is an affordable solution for bringing health information technology software to the classroom, and has over 200 subscribing colleges and universities.
- Designed for use in online or on-campus learning environments.
- Minimal IT requirements for the user’s PC to reduce setup time and costs for the school.
- Designed specifically for use in HIM academic programs,and also available for other allied health programs, HIM workforce training, and continuing education.
- Virtual Lab maintenance and customer support are included in the enrollment fee.
- No additional hardware is required for system maintenance and/or hosting.
- Instructor training is offered online at no charge.
- Face-to-face training opportunities are available at nominal costs.
- Lesson and instructor resources are available through an online lesson repository.
- School enrollment fees are based on number of students.