AWC UAE Chapter Steering Board Nominations and Election
We are pleased to announce the election for the AWC UAE Chapter Steering Board. The following information and steps will help you take part in the development of the first UAE Chapter ever!
The election is divided into two phases—submission of nominations and membership voting.
Phase One—Steering Board Nominations
- Time Frame—From now to 27 February 2017
- Action: Self-nomination for a position on the Steering Board
- Requirement: only ONE—you have to be an AHIMA member residing in the UAE! If you are not a member, you can join now at a special rate of $79 by using coupon code OUS79. For more information or to join, click here.
How to submit your nomination:
- Please submit an e-mail expressing your interest and your understanding that if elected it will require a commitment of your time, efforts, and a certain level of confidentiality.
- Please add a few words about why you are interested in running. Your statement will be visible at the time of voting
- To submit, send this information along with a photo to Cheryl.Cato@AHIMA.org
- After you submit, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions to enter your information (bio and statement of interest) into the voting portal. All information must be entered in English.
Restrictions: you can only nominate yourself, NOT others.
Please note: AWC reserves the right to deny a nomination and to correct or remove any inappropriate information.
Seven members will be elected to fill seats on the Steering Board.
- Time Frame—From 6 March–20 March 2017
- Action: AHIMA members in the UAE vote for its first Chapter Steering Board
- Requirement: only ONE—you have to be an AHIMA member residing in the UAE!
Voting will be conducted online. A specific AWC URL will be announced on 6 March. Only AHIMA Members are eligible to vote.
Election results and the AWC UAE Chapter Steering Board will be announced on 27 March 2017!