Download the 2019 Grace Award Application
Ninety years ago, Grace Whiting Myers acted on a sincere conviction to improve the quality of our nation’s health records by founding an association we call AHIMA today. The idea was simple – That advancements in the collection and organization of health information will invariably help medical professionals improve public health. Due to Ms. Meyers prescient vision, AHIMA’s annual HIM award bears her name: The 2019 Grace Award.
Past winners of the Grace Award regularly demonstrated transformative journeys toward new and innovative HIM practices that also delivered better patient outcomes. Please consider your organization’s accomplishments. Take the time to apply to this year’s award, documenting all that hard work and achievement. It’s an opportunity to celebrate your success with both AHIMA and your team.
The Grace Award Application: 2019 Is Now Open
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm May 31, 2019.
Details & Tips
- Review a pdf of the application prior to completing the form online to prepare your responses.
- Prep ahead of time! There are three sections – Demographics, Leadership and Innovation. Answers are limited to 2,000 characters max and all require a response.
- Share examples of how your organization and HIM staff and/or department have been involved or lead efforts in each category.
- Need more time? Click “Save & Continue Later” at the bottom of the page. You will be given a unique link in a popup window. You must copy and save this link in order to access your answers later. AHIMA will not be able to access your unique link.
- Don’t idle for an extended period you will be asked if you need additional time to finish the application. If you are idle for more than 8 hours you will be logged out of the system.
- Track Your Progress at the bottom of each page.
Distinguished Grace Award Alumni: