The Grace Whiting Myers Award
Recognizing Those Who Lead Health Information Management with Grace
Named for AHIMA’s founder, Grace Whiting Myers, the AHIMA Grace Award: In Recognition of Excellence in Health Information Management honors healthcare delivery organizations that demonstrate industry-leading approaches to AHIMA’s core mission of transforming quality healthcare through informatics, information governance, and trusted health information.
AHIMA is honored to recognize the distinguished work of an organization's commitment to deliver high-quality healthcare.
Read “Recognizing Those Who Lead Health Information Management with Grace”, on page 13 of the April Edition of AHIMA Advantage.
Previous winners of the award include:
Whiting Myers established AHIMA in 1928, in partnership with the American College of Surgeons who wanted to “elevate the standards of clinical records in hospitals and other medical institutions.” This farsighted recognition of the importance of medical record quality to patient care and research underlies the organization today.
How to Apply
- Prepare ahead! Review the application and the helpful tips prior to completing the online application.
- View a PDF of the application.
- Click here to access a tip sheet to help you prepare for the online application.
- Complete the application online here. Submissions can be saved and completed at a later time.
- Application period closes at June 2, 11:59 p.m. CT