The application period has ended.
This year’s winner will be recognized onstage at our annual Conference in September.
“This is an opportunity where, in your own words, you get to toot your own horn and promote your team and department.” –Seth Katz, MPH, RHIA, Truman Medical Center, 2013 Grace Award honoree
The Grace Award recognizes an outstanding organization’s journey toward new and innovative HIM practices that deliver better patient outcomes. It’s given yearly at our annual conference and bears the name of Grace Whiting Myers, who founded our association over 90 years ago on the conviction that advancements in the collection and organization of health information will invariably help medical professionals improve public health.
The 2019 winner will be honored onstage at the AHIMA19 Health Data and Information Conference, September 14-18 in Chicago, IL.
Tips for Completing the Application
- Review the pdf of the application prior to completing the form online to prepare your responses. The application consists of three required sections – Demographics, Leadership, and Innovation. Creating a draft of your answers in the PDF will help you stick to the 2,000 character limit for each response.
- Share examples of how your organization and HIM staff and/or department have been involved or lead efforts in each category.
- Track your progress in the application at the bottom of each page.
- Need more time in the online application? Click “Save & Continue Later” at the bottom of the page. You will be given a unique link in a popup window. Please be sure to copy and save this link; AHIMA will not be able to retrieve it for you.
- Don’t idle in the online application. If you are idle for more than 8 hours you will be logged out of the system.
Past Grace Award Honorees