Named for AHIMA’s founder Grace Whiting Myers, the AHIMA Grace Award: In Recognition of Excellence in Health Information Management honors healthcare delivery organizations that demonstrate outstanding and innovative approaches in health information management.
Previous winners of the award include:
- Allina Health of Minneapolis (2015)
- Texas Health Resources (2015 Honorable Mention)
- Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (2014)
- Truman Medical Centers (2013)
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinic (2012)
Whiting Myers established AHIMA in 1928 in partnership with the American College of Surgeons who wanted to “elevate the standards of clinical records in hospitals and other medical institutions.” This farsighted recognition of the importance of medical record quality to patient care and research underlies the organization today.
How to Apply
- Prepare ahead! Review the application and the helpful tips prior to completing the online application.
- Complete the online application. Submissions can be saved and completed at a later time.
- Submissions are due by May 29, 2016.
View a PDF of the application.
Click here to access a tip sheet to help you prepare for the online application.