Introducing the AHIMA Compendium
The AHIMA Compendium is a collection of best practices in health information management (HIM) published by AHIMA. The statements are excerpted from AHIMA’s extensive practice guidance, which is widely disseminated in practice briefs, articles, and toolkits.
The Compendium distills best practices from these sources, offering “just in time” guidance to HIM professionals as they research and address practice challenges. Each statement in the Compendium is linked to its source document. While the statements are intended to stand independently, their source documents are important reading for appreciating the full scope and complexity of the issues.
The Compendium begins with statements from sources published after June 2010. Since the initial launch, we've added multiple new guidance statements. The Compendium will continue to grow as new materials are published.
- Robust search functionality
- Access to the full source material underlying best practices
- Ability to search other AHIMA resources from the Compendium home page
- RSS feed subscription
Visit the AHIMA Compendium now to:
- Search for topics by keyword, or browse for them by category.
- Read source documents and understand the broader context surrounding the issues and find additional recommendations and tools.
- Apply guidance as appropriate within your organization.
- Share sources with colleagues and decision makers and promote consistent HIM practice.
- Reference best practice statements in policies, procedures, and meeting minutes by noting statement numbers, titles, and URLs.