Whether you're just starting the journey or well on the path of a successful health information management (HIM) professional career, AHIMA certification in HIM, coding, healthcare privacy and security, or health data analysis is your guide to career enhancement, increased salary, and greater success in your chosen profession. AHIMA credentials are earned through a challenging program of examinations, education, and experience, and maintained through continuous review and education.
AHIMA-Credential Professional Deliver Value Poster
Benefits for Individuals
Employers Value Credentials
Earning an AHIMA credential puts you in a special league, positioning you as a leader and role model in the health informatics and information management community. Investing in AHIMA certification is an investment in yourself and your long-term career. AHIMA certification can help you:
- Improve your earning potential
- Open the door to more opportunities for career advancement
- Increase your job mobility and choices even in the face of a tough job market
- Reach not only your short-term job goals, but also position yourself for success in your long-term career
- Provide a foundation of broad and deep understanding
- Be associated with AHIMA's strong and long-standing reputation of integrity and excellence.
- Connect with a strong network of AHIMA-certified peers. Earning an AHIMA credential plugs you into a prestigious community of ongoing support. Although membership is not required in order to become AHIMA-certified, you can enhance your connection even more by becoming an AHIMA member.
Benefits for Employers
Hire AHIMA-certified Professionals
AHIMA certification represents a high level of achievement and demonstrates proficiency and a broad base of knowledge. AHIMA certified professionals pass a rigorous exam and commit to ongoing professional development and recertification. When a person becomes AHIMA-certified, it reflects a deep personal commitment and sense of accountability, inspiring credibility and confidence in an individual's professional knowledge. Hiring AHIMA-certified individuals or investing in AHIMA certification for your current employees can help you:
- Increase the competence level of your staff
- Build a strong, dedicated team that is committed to high standards of care and quality
- Promote ongoing enhancement of knowledge and skills
- Improve the quality of information and care
- Minimize errors and reduce exposure to fraud and abuse charges
- Increase efficiency and reduce cost