AHIMA Prior Approval Program
AHIMA's Prior Approval Program recognizes continuing education unit (CEU) providers that have met the Association's standards. Prior approval status is highly regarded within the healthcare arena, differentiating programs and indicating credibility and prestige.
The Prior Approval ProgramGuide outlines the benefits, standards, and requirements of AHIMA’s Prior Approval Program. It also features application information and AHIMA's procedures for monitoring approved programs. Potential applicants are encouraged to read the entire guide before applying.
Prior Approval Program Applications
Online Prior Approval Application- Using the online application will decrease your application processing time to less than two weeks. Approval letters will be sent via email as indicated on the application form.
Paper Prior Approval Application- To pay by check please download the application. Include the completed application, supporting documention, and payment. This process can take four to six weeks for completion. Approval letters will be sent via email as indicated on the applciation form.
Search for AHIMA Prior Approved Educational Programs – Find programs based on company name, format, content, and location.
Benefits of Prior Approval
Your organization, as well as program participants, can benefit from AHIMA Prior Approval status.
- Gain esteem and respect for your continuing education program among HIM and coding professional colleagues and employers.
- Your program will be distinguished as meeting AHIMA's requirements and standards.
- Participants can have confidence in content integrity.
- Enhance your program’s value among 67,000 AHIMA members
- Use AHIMA's respected Statement of Approval
- Include in marketing and promotional activities supporting your approved program
- Participants have a confirmed numbers of CEUs and easy CEU submission